Letter From the CEO
Now that spring is upon us, many of our members will be at ball fields across the state watching their children or grandchildren hit, kick or throw a ball. These ball games can get pricy with
entrance fees and concession stand visits. Rest assured Mutual Savings Credit Union is here for you should you need funds for spring games and other festivities. Access to your funds is easy through our home banking app and numerous ATMs through CU24.
Mutual Savings Credit Union is excited to announce the highly anticipated roll-out of our new Visa Blue credit cards! These cards offer lower-than-average interest rates and no monthly fee. It’s easy to apply and the cards are mailed to you in a timely fashion. Look for more information online or in our branches as to when they’ll be available. MSCU also offers prepaid Visa cards. These cards make it easier for parents with teens who may be traveling for spring break or graduation. With a prepaid card, they can’t go over their spending limit and mom and dad don’t have to worry about their child carrying a lot of cash.
We continually look for ways to save our members money and grow the credit union. With loans off to a great start and offering certificate specials from time to time, we anticipate 2017 to be a successful year. Be sure to check our website, www.mutualsavings.org, for current interest rates and special share certificate offers.
How can a HELOC help you?
Spring is in the air! Now is the time to do those needed improvements to your home. But, how do you finance it? Let Mutual Savings Credit Union help you cross off the big “to-do” items on your list with a Home Equity Line of Credit, also commonly referred to as a HELOC.
As part of MSCU’s wide variety of real estate loans, HELOCs help you make big purchases or handle expenses. A HELOC is a form of credit in which the equity in your home serves as collateral. Typically, these loans are used for major items, not everyday expenses. Many members choose HELOC loans over other forms of credit because the interest rates are usually lower. Check with your tax accountant as some members may benefit from a HELOC as the interest could be tax deductible.
Here’s some great ways to benefit from a HELOC:
• Paying down debt: Max out your credit card during Christmas? Hospital bills piling up? Pay those cards and bills off with HELOC funds. Interest rates on HELOC loans are usually much lower than many credit card interest rates. Therefore, using HELOC funds to pay down debt may save you money.
• Home Improvements: Need a new roof or exterior paint? Home equity loans are the perfect solution to tackling that big home improvement project.
• Finance the purchase of a car: Many members have found that purchasing a car with HELOC funds saves them money two fold. They use the equity in their home as a means to buy the car outright. PLUS, the interest you pay may be tax deductible, so it’s a win-win.
• School tuition: Do you have a child or grandchild going off to college soon? Maybe you are looking to further your education? HELOC loans
can be a great option to finance school expenses. Even full-ride scholarship recipients have college expenses. It’s better to be prepared!
• Vacations, weddings and graduations, oh my! We all have that special place on the globe we’d like to visit. Or, maybe your niece decided to have a destination wedding. HELOC funds can make those travels possible.
Mutual Savings offers a wide variety of options to help you achieve your goals. Visit our website at www.mutualsavings.org to review all of the loans available and current interest rates. We are confident you will find one to fit your needs.
Talk About Savings! The Sprint Credit Union Member Discount
How would you like valuable savings on monthly wireless data bills? You get all that and more thanks to Mutual Savings Credit Union and Sprint’s Credit Union Member Discount.
Credit Union Member Verification
Verification is easy and only takes a few minutes to complete. There are four ways to verify your credit union membership:
1. Free Love My Credit Union Rewards app for Android and/or iPhone.
• iPhone users find it at the Apple App Store.
• Android users find the app in Google Play.
• Search for “Love My Credit Union Rewards.”
• You will be prompted to black out all confidential information within the app.
2. Fill out and fax the Sprint Verification Form
(http://www.lovemycreditunion.org/sprint) and supporting documents to the Sprint Corporate Accounts: 913.523.1987 or toll free: 877.687.8211.
3. Visit www.Sprint.com/verify from a mobile device.
4. Sign up for Sprint’s AutoPay using your credit union checking account or credit union debit/credit card: http://www.sprint.com/.
Start saving with Sprint today!