Being in control of your account and the transactions processed is very important to every consumer. Mutual Savings takes steps every day to make sure your debit card remains protected. However, the reality is that forces outside of our control can have a big impact on our accounts and the cards attached to them.
An optional protection is available to MSCU members! It’s easy to enroll and it alerts you to potential fraudulent transactions sooner. You’ll receive a text alert for the following items:
- International Transactions
- Authorization Greater than $500
- Six or more transactions in 24 hours
- Card not present (for example: an online purchase where you enter your card number)
- Out of state transactions
Sign Up for Our SMS Guardian Service
Visit the enrollment site to set up your debit cards. Click here to begin the enrollment process. You must register each debit card attached to the account individually. You may register as many accounts in which you have debit cards attached. It will ask you for the last four of the primary account holder’s social security number. You may activate and deactivate at any time. Once MSCU has received notice of fraud we will block the debit card and order a new one for you. Here’s a sample of a text message you might receive.
Guardian Alert on card 12341 at XYZ Store2 for $500.003. Reply AA1234NO if unauthorized. Reply STOP to cancel alerts.
- This will be the last four digits of your card number
- This will be the name of the merchant
- This will be the purchase amount
- If your transaction is legitimate then no action will be required on your part.
- Maintaining this optional monitoring through Guardian is easy. Each year you will opt-in and follow the same steps you did to enroll.
- Make sure your smart phone is set up properly to receive text messages especially short codes. These are special telephone numbers (codes) that may only be five digits.
- While this service is at no charge to you from MSCU – the text messaging fees from your carrier will apply.